Friday, November 16, 2007

iterative rotate

I'm going to post a few images of the "iterative rotation" that I have been working on with my brick design. These studies started out by looking at the properties of brick laying: how much rotation can you get with a standard mortar joint, and how much can a single brick cantelever. I have been working on perfecting an iterative rotation script where I can specify the number of bricks in a chain, the minimum and maximum rotation, and let the script "agitate" the surface accordingly. Still not perfected yet, but here a few images to show where this project is at.




1 comment:

EdinARCH said...

Cool Project.
I was wondering if you could send me that script you were writing. I need to make a project where I transform a building typology in Paris through iterative techniques. Rotation is one of the techniques we can use. If you could provide me with this script it would be greatly appreciated. Hope to hear back from you soon.